As a customer orientated organisation dedicated to the satisfaction of its customers, Nexgen Investment Group Pty Ltd Trading As Nexgen Australia – ABN 88 606 251 503 has a Complaints Policy so as to ensure all complaints are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible. The following outlines our policy and procedures for the handling of verbal and written complaints. This Policy is compliant with the ACIF Industry Code on Complaint Handling.
- Nexgen will provide an efficient, fair and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide our customers with access to the complaints handling process, including those customers with disabilities and special needs.
- Nexgen will keep customers informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- We will regularly review our complaints so that we can improve our standard of customer service.
- Whilst an investigation into a matter is taking place, we will not demand payment of genuinely disputed amounts.
Handling Your Complaint
- Upon receiving a verbal or written complaint, we will acknowledge your matter via telephone or in writing within 5 business days.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, proposed actions and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Our aim is to resolve complaints in a timely manner and we will generally resolve a matter within 30 calendar days.
- Complex complaints may take longer than 30 calendar days to resolve. In these cases, we will regularly update you on the progress and likely timeframe for resolution.
- We will advise you of the outcome of your complaint. Where you have requested us to do so, we will advise you in writing.
- If we think your complaint requires a charge, we will not impose one without discussion with you.
- If your complaint is upheld in your favour, and we have charged you complaint handling fees, we will refund you the full amount of the fees charged within 30 days.
Steps in Lodging a Complaint
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of your account or dealings with Nexgen, we urge you to telephone Customer Service in the first instance on 1300 02 04 02. Our Consultant will give you their name so you know with whom you are speaking.
Our objective is to resolve the vast majority of enquiries or complaints during your first contact with us. If you prefer to put your complaint in writing, we will respond to your letter by telephone and will confirm any details in writing if you request us to do so.
Should you not be satisfied with the response tendered to you, you may ask for your complaint to be escalated to the next level of Management or to the Customer Operations Disputes team. You can forward correspondence to:
Customer Operations Disputes Team
Nexgen Investment Group Pty Ltd Trading As Nexgen Australia – ABN 88 606 251 503
Level 2, 460 Church Street North Parramatta NSW 2150
Alternatively, you can email your matter to them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints made to Nexgen are overseen by the Compliance Group. This area is committed to supporting the above areas and carrying out reviews of policy and process. The Compliance Group will attend to matters that have not been resolved within the complaints process. If you are not satisfied with the response tendered to you, you may ask the Customer Operations Disputes team to escalate your complaint to the Compliance Group. Senior Management empowers our Case Managers in making decisions for matters referred to them.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by Nexgen and depending on the nature of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the following outside bodies:
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (“TIO”) is an independent and free alternate dispute resolution scheme for residential and small business consumers in respect of disputes over which the TIO has jurisdiction. The TIO views itself as an office of last resort. To lodge a complaint with the TIO you can call 1800 062 058 or write to:
PO Box 276
Collins Street West
MELBOURNE VIC 8007
The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner (“OFPC”) can assist you with all matters related to privacy. To lodge a complaint with the OFPC you can call 1300 363 992 or write to:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001